Magic Studios are proud to partner with the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA). We believe in supporting upcoming talent by providing professional studio access and genuine industry experience and training.
WAAPA alumni can take advantage of an exclusive 25% off our standard studio hire rates.
Access state of the art audio recording booths or film in our amazing chromakey green screen video studio.
Here is a quick studio tour video: https://youtu.be/D1oGRE2E8t8
Other than the 25% discount offer especially for WAAPA alumni, we also offer the following packages that might be of interest specifically for people wanting to become professional commercial voices overs artists.
Working closely with the WAAPA faculty we deliver regular Industry masterclasses to third year students covering a wide range of topics including:
What is the industry really like? Realities of the industry.
How do I start? Becoming a successful voice over.
Ongoing industry training techniques.
Creating your own creative copy/scripting.
Where is the industry headed?
Take a look at what some of the WAAPA undergraduate Students have come up with, during their course unit with us at Magic Studios:
We offer a $199+ gst package that includes an hour in the studio with our production manager/audio engineer to record a demo reel based on your pre-prepared content and includes post editing so that you leave with a commercial voice demo reel ready to freelance.
In this one-hour voice over recording session we explore:
– Warming up the voice and preparation
– Microphone techniques and best practices
– Discover your best voice tone and range
– How to read a script based on a client’s brief (speed and delivery)
– Read styles based on real industry scripts (corporate, compassionate, character, upbeat, etc.)
– Production of 4-5 completed audio samples professionally edited and mixed with music and sound effects
This is our advanced option and is priced at $399+gst and includes:
One-on-one with Industry Expert (1 hour)
– Industry expectations – target markets, trends
– Marketing yourself as a freelancer – platforms, pay rate positioning
– Home Studio Setup Requirements – microphone options, acoustics, additional equipment, editing software, etc.
– Scripting Basics – Corporate, Hard Sell, Soft-sell, Informational, conversational, etc
– Q & A
Basics with Vocal Coach (30 minutes)
– Vocal exercises for warming up the voice and improving diction
– Read style vocal practice – inflections and understanding pacing for read types
– Recognising your voice and understanding how to manipulate it for commercial application
– Writing generalised commercial scripts using guide provided – 3-4 scripts to create (Copywriting services available at $99+gst)
– Listening to Samples
– Practicing vocal exercise and read styles
– Microphone technique – body positioning, breath spacing and inflections, phonetic occurrences such as plosives and fricatives
– Demo recordings and edits
– Voice Reel provided on completion
Documented evidence of enrolment or attendance at WAAPA is required to secure these discounts.
Any questions at all, please feel free to contact us on 9278 8888 or visit www.magicstudios.com.au
Arrange a time to meet the magic studios crew and discuss what package options would best suit you.